by: Gene Grodski
2012 Outdoor Nationals
Our 2012 NATIONAL CHAMPION MATT SETZER
e-mail all sour grapes to Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt was also High Score at the Bigfoot Open where he cut his teeth and honed his skills!
The LaPera Dynasty continues a tradition of excellence!
Click here to view Results for the NFAA Nationals
Congratulations to a few of our local hot shots including:
- Matt Setzer 1st Place Senior BowHunter Freestyle – Shooting 541 and a 542 with pins and 13 points above the #2 shooter. PS — Matt’s 542 score broke the previous National high score record of 541 – sweet……………………..
- Mike Orlic Took 1st Place in Traditional whopping his closest rival by an incredible 153 points – Mike is a 3 time winner of Last Man Standing at Bigfoot
- Marv Mahana (3rd Place Last Man Standing) took 4th in the Senior Traditional
- Jay Bradway took 3rd in Senior Freestyle sporting a 549 and a 546 —
- EX – NJ Finger Shooting legend turned Freestyle – Dave Dimascio took 7th behind Jay
- Jon Bach – Owner of X Ring Archers 2nd Place Adult BareBow – Just behind Rick Stark – His son Johnny Bach took second as a Freeestyle Cub
- Mark Pasmore – Recent “TOP GUN” at Bigfoot – Took 3rd in Adult Male Freestyle – This is an amazing accomplishment for a relatively new shooter in the toughest class of almost 100 of the best shooters from all across the USA.Marks Scores included a 557 Hunter and a 555 Field Round and a 582 Animal Round —- WOW!
- Tony Bianes – Took 7th in Adult Male Freestyle – Tony had tied Mike Leiter at Bigfoot with a 558…….He is at the top of his game.
- High Score for the shoot went to Jessie Broadwater (Pro) with a perfect 560 field and a 559 Hunter—-Yikes!
- Mike Leiter & Josh Binger – both Bigfoot veterans tied with totals of 1692 sporting high scores of 556—that’s soaring with the eagles.
OLYMPIC RESULTS Visit NBC at www.nbcolympics.com/archery for Olympic Archery (or any other sport) info —- It’s a very cool place to watch LIVE competition!
We finally can get to see ALL of the Archery Coverage —- As it happens! —-AND AFTER IT HAS HAPPENED —-NBC HAS DONE A GREAT JOB WITH ARCHERY…….
Reps from HOYT, EASTON, PSE, BOWTECH, PARKER AND 10 POINT
will answer your questions at the Sportsmen’s Center “Whitetail Jamboree”
Visit —- http://www.sportsmenscenter.com/ for details
It was a warm and beautiful sunday as I headed out to Milford, NJ to Farmers Sportsmans Club for another 3D archery shoot. This is an extremely enjoyable club especially during hot muggy summer days due to their awesome air-conditioned clubhouse. Open to guest during shoots, the clubhouse is not only used for registration, but also has a kitchen with appetizing food and… wait for it… A BAR! A cold beer is quite refreshing after you spend a day slinging arrows at targets.
Farmers has a well maintained practice range and a challenging 30 target course using Delta McKenzie targets. It begins on a hill with moderate terrain and then continues on thru their skeet ranges and eventually smooths out at the finnish. The course also includes 1 tree stand shot, plenty of parking and picturesque grounds.
During this shoot I got a chance to meet a truly fun shooting partner Peggy from Westfield. She shoots a recurve bow and is a frequent archer at the Oak Ridge Park Archery Range in Clark, NJ. She loves not only the challenge of shooting with her traditional equipment but also the enjoyment of being outdoors. We swapped a couple of thanksgiving recipes and had a ton of fun.
Their next shoot is August 5th 2012 and it’s their Whitetail Jamboree where I believe they have an all deer 3D shoot. I hope you get a chance to make it out.
For more information, directions or to become a member of Farmers Sportsman’s Club (btw it’s actually a gun club that hosts 3D shoots) please visit: www.farmerssportsmansclub.com
Posted in 3D Shoots
Tagged 3d shoot, 3d tournament, archery in clark, clark nj, compound bow, easton arrows, Farmers Sportsmans Club, farmers sportsmen, female archery, hoyt archery, milford, nj, traditional archery, whitetail jamboree
Scores & Results – Bigfoot 2012
HIGH SCORE 3-D
1 ROB CRAMER 296/13
2 MATT ROBSOM 291/11
3 ROGER DEAN 286/ 8
1 MIKE LEITER 558 also High Score Dots
2 TONY BIANES 558
3 VINCE MANCINI 555 $ 400
4 MARK PASMORE 554 $ 200
5 JOHN PERO 554 $ 600
6 JOSH BINGER 554 $ 200
7 MIKE POE 551
8 JAY BRADWAY 551 $ 200
9 MIKE PISTELLI 550
10 JACK HOWARTH 547
BOWHUNTER FREESTYLE HIGH SCORE
MATT SETZER 540
1ST MARK PASMORE
2ND MATT ROBSAM
3RD VINCE MANCINI
TOP GUN SHOOTERS
1 MARK PASMORE 554
2 JOHN PERO 553
3 VINCE MANCINI 552
4 TONY BIANES 552
5 JAY BRADWAY 551
6 MIKE POE 548
1 MATT ROBSAM 291/11
2 ROGER DEAN 286/ 8
3 ROGER DEAN III 281/ 9
4 SCOTT BILL 280/ 11
5 MIKE LABELLE
6 BILL HYER
LAST MAN STANDING
1 RON DESIMONI
2 FRANK BURDI
3 MARVIN MAHANA
4 RYAN BLAKE
5 MARK WILLIAMS
6 DAVE ROSEN
7 MIKE ORLICK
8 JOHN VANSICKLE
Posted in Tournament Results
Tagged 3D Archery, Archery, Archery in NJ, Archery Results, Bigfoot Open, BlackKnight Bowbenders, Jackson NJ, JOHN PERO, MIKE LEITER, MIKE POE, NY Archery, Olympic Archery, Target Archery, TONY BIANES, VINCE MANCINI
With a newley purchased Hoyt Rampage XT from my favorite archery shop Sportsmen Center in Bordentown, NJ (thanks Vinny for setting me up) I was told the Bigfoot open was coming up next week. I had a rough 20 yard set and had to sight in a 60 yard mark so I properly set up my HHA Sports Optimizer Light Ultra Ultra DS-5500 sight and got on my way. I had a ton of fun and ran into a couple friends. I didn’t even keep score but didn’t loose any arrows so that’s not too bad for my 1st time back. Enjoy some footage from this fun and memorable shoot.